Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sierra Club Is Against 91% Of America's Energy

What the hell is left?

The Sierra Club has over a half-million members (down from 600,000) and an annual budget of $100 million. They are arguably the most influential environmental lobby in the country. People take them seriously, and politicians listen.
With their opposition to the fossil fuels and nukes, the Sierra Club takes 91% of our current energy sources off the table (see EIA chart at the end of the post). And most of the remaining 9% they’re not too crazy about.
“Fossil fuels have no part in America’s energy future – coal, oil, and natural gas are literally poisoning us. The emergence of natural gas as a significant part of our energy mix is particularly frightening because it dangerously postpones investment in clean energy at a time when we should be doubling down on wind, solar and energy efficiency.”
—Robin Mann, Sierra Club President
North Dakota is the envy of the country employment wise. Largely due to fossil fuels...
Care to spend a winter or summer here without those fossil fuels you despise Mr. Mann? 
Temps in North Dakota are Siberia cold in the winter and Africa hot in the summer.


Ron Russell said...

I've watched the Sierra Club for a number to years and would agree their influence is far greater than their number. They would have us all on bicyles or in jogging shorts and eliminate all internal combustion engines. They hate and would ban all fossil fuels and in short cause the economic collapse of this nation. They are, in fact, eco radicals who would lower the living standards of all Americans, that is all but themselves.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

We even have those morons up here protecting died trees. The part that really pisses us off is they live in San Francisco. Out of the fire danger zone.